Saturday, October 3, 2009

Electroninc ramblings

This is the inaugural post for yet another blog. I must admit that web-logging or blogging hasn't been the easiest of practices for me to practically embrace. It is a bit difficult for me to be faithful to writing and keeping updated a blog.
I first began blogging, when I heard about it from friends at seminary. While at Asbury Theological Seminary, I began my first blog www.wilmorehomecompanion.blogspot.com. I guess I will keep that blog open for now. I will not write too much more on that blog.
So now we come to a new blog and a new posting.
If you look in the front pages of the United Methodist Hymnal (1989 Edition), you will find John Wesley's Rules for Singing. They are an interesting read. I assume the Hymnal Committee placed these historic rules at the beginning of the hymnal as a guide to singing all of the hymns that follow.
Perhaps, I should write down some rules for this blog as a way to guide all of the ramblings that will follow.

Hugh's Rules for Blogging:
1. Be honest and true. No need to hide what is on the heart. In due time what is hidden in the heart will be seen.
2. Be to the point. No need to ramble for the sake of rambling. Time is too short to write just for the sake of writing. Economy of words is of essence. (Perhaps this rule violates this point?)
3. Be kind. No need to wound others with words on a web-page.
4. Be faithful. Try to be consistent in writing, but there is no need to write when you have nothing to say.
5. Be aware others will read what you write. So do not write what you do not want others to see, but do write what you want others to read.

I am open for any comments and suggestions to these rules.

From my desk,
Hugh

No comments:

Post a Comment