Friday, July 13, 2012

Salem 2012

Salem 2012 is over. The final bell has rung and the meeting of friends and families at this historic holy place will be a memory. Each year is different to each who attends and doesn't. For some this will be a year that you struggle to recall anything that happened. For others this will be the year that they will never forget.
The two preachers offered many opportunities for meaningful spiritual memories to be made. I am grateful. Salem is special to me. It gives me a place to belong and challenges me to become less of who I am now and more of who God desires and expects me to be. I am fearful for the rest. I am grateful for new friends. I am grateful for the Holy Spirit at work in my life despite my own faults and failures.
I hope to stay connected with the young people I have mentored this week. I pray For God to do great things. I pray that I too will be open to God's grace at work in my life. Amen.
If this rambles please notice I am writing this in an IPhone at 2:30 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment