Monday, July 12, 2010

Missing Salem

If it is hot, then it is probably campmeeting time. It is hot and it is campmeeting time. As I write this, Salem Campmeeting is in full swing. Unfortunately, I am not there.
I love Salem. It has become part of my yearly routine. Salem Campmeeting and Campground are a place of respite and renewal to me. Salem affords me a time to rest and reconnect with family, friends, and God.
As usual, the Salem pulpit is graced with two good preachers this year--David Swanson from Orlando First Presbyterian and John Ed Mathison a retired United Methodist Pastor. Tom Roberts is leading the meetings in song and ordering the program.
I love Salem, but right now I am not there. "Absence makes the heart grow fonder." I pray being absent from Salem will help me appreciate it even more when I return tomorrow afternoon.
If you are in the Covington, GA/ Salem Road area of Conyers then come on down and join the good people at Salem. The meeting will continue until Friday night. Come and be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment